Monday, March 13, 2017

Hummer of a painting

In this internet age, people are introduced into our lives in unexpected ways. I "met" Helen a few months ago when she stumbled across my blog while researching the high tides in Nova Scotia. We corresponded many times and she seems like a kindred spirit. Helen has created a beautiful painting based on a photo I posted four years ago. She asked for permission first - which is rare these days! I've had people use my photographs and inspirational writing without permission and without credit. But that's a different story.

Here is my photograph, with Helen's painting below . She did a beautiful job!

My photograph from 2012





hummingbird painting by Helen Eaton - WordWeaverArt Etsy Shop

You can read a blog post about her painting here: Word Weaver Art Blog

You can view and/or purchase her painting here: WordWeaverArt Etsy Store

To quote one of my husband's favourite movies "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." (from Casablanca)

2 comments:

Sybil N said...

Love Hummers and love your photo.

Apparently they don't have Hummingbirds in England !

Word Weaver Art said...

Thank you for your kind words.
I like knowing I have a friend way up there who occasionally gets to watch those amazing tides come in. And I like thinking that maybe she sometimes thinks, "Helen would love to see this."
I'm going to enjoy having this little Hummingbird on my own wall until someone claims it for their own.
H